November 7, 2014 — "Lit & Hist" Annual Meeting — Event Brochure (PDF)
he North Carolina Literary and Historical Association, established in 1900, is among the oldest organizations of its kind in the nation. Its history is interlinked with that of the North Carolina Office of Archives and History. The objectives of the association are to:
- foster the interest of North Carolinians in the state's literature and history
- encourage productive literary activity within the state
- assist in bringing to public attention meritorious works by North Carolina writers
- promote broad and varied activity in the field of state and local history
- serve as a medium for the constructive exchange of ideas among persons concerned for the permanent well-being of North Carolina, and
- cooperate so far as may be practicable with other organizations in North Carolina whose purposes are similar to the purposes of the association.
Members receive the North Carolina Historical Review, Carolina Comments, the North Carolina Literary Review, and mailings about the annual meeting and special lectures and symposia.